Saturday, October 10, 2009

Brittny - 10 October 2009

I've meant to post highs and lows a few times this week but hadn't gotten around to it. So these will be for the whole week -

Low: Sleep. I think our whole family needs to sleep more consistently. We need to teach Sam to sleep through the night, and Eric to work normal daytime hours. And by teach Eric to work normal hours I mean teach Omniture to finally let him work the normal daytime hours since they're not using him at night anyways (not that I'm bitter about that or anything :P)

Highs: On Thursday Eric pulled out his violin and practiced some and played for me and Sam. He thought he was rusty but I *loved* listening to him play. It's not a coincidence that I agreed to marry him after seeing him play for the first time (ok, yes it is, but it sure didn't hurt anything ;) ). Whenever I see him play I am always left feeling in awe that I am the wife of such an incredible man. It's hard to explain exactly what it is, but it always reminds me what a smart, passionate, dedicated man he is and how lucky I am to be married to him.

On Friday we had a really fun day. Eric's friend Vance found this place in Provo that has authentic Taiwanese food so we all went there for lunch. It's called the Cooking Taste Right Cafe and the food was really good. Definite high! Then that evening Eric and I went with our good friends the Criddles to Trafalga. Sam stayed at our place with Taylor and Ryan and apparently wasn't a big fan of being left behind, but we had a fun night out with just the two of us, which doesn't happen very often.

Today I went to our Quarterly Relief Society meeting. I ended up not signing up for any of the crafts because I had a hard time deciding on one to do that would be within my skill level without having it be no more difficult than putting stickers on something (sorry, I like the vinyl things that people do, but I have a difficult time considering it a craft) and something that I would actually want. So I spent my morning making a soup for the lunch and just going for that portion of the meeting. I'm really glad that I did! I got to talk with a sister in our ward who has two high-functioning autistic kids and is struggling with a degenerative disorder that is causing her to lose motor function. She needs some help in the evenings and Sam and I need to get out of the house and do something useful. Win win! I'm really excited to have made a new friend in our ward and to finally have something worthwhile to do with my time.

So, I guess that pretty well covers me! Happy Weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment