Thursday, May 21, 2009

Brittny - 21 May 2009 & More on Manhood

Before I get into my high and low for today I had to add to what Mom was saying about we Anderson women having wonderful men for husbands. It reminded me of a very special moment during last October conference. Eric's mission president has challenged us to always go to conference with questions that we are looking for guidance on. He's told us that if we go into conference with those questions and are prepared to listen we will receive answers. That conference my biggest concern was childbirth. I didn't know what answer I was hoping to receive during conference, but I went in with that question anyways. My answer came during Elder Holland's talk about angels. Although it was obviously not said over the pulpit, this idea was spoken very clearly to my mind that Eric was my angel, and that I could get through anything with him. I couldn't have possibly known then how true that would be. How the blessing I received through Eric, as a worthy priesthood holder, would help get me through the needles. How comforting it would be to have him by my side, even when I was encouraging him to take a nap. How he would lean over the hospital bed to squeeze my hips to help me get through those last contractions, regardless of how much his back would ache afterwards. Eric truly is my angel and I cannot express enough how wonderful he is and how grateful I am for him. What an incredible blessing it is to be married to a wonderful, righteous, caring man who I love more and more every day, even after almost two years of being married to him :)

Ok, on to my high and low.

Low: I didn't really have a low today, it was a pretty good day. My low would have to be from yesterday. Our water was turned off from 9am - 4pm. Once our water was turned back on... our power went out. Not having water was a bummer, but we had ice in the ice maker and I just held off on taking a shower, no big deal. Not having power though was not as easy. Samuel and I sat in our increasingly hot, and increasingly dark apartment for 4.5 hours without power. I hadn't realized how much I rely on having the internet up as my communication link with the outside world. I had a hard time getting a lot of things done that I would have liked to (apparently when there really is an emergency where we have no internet, I'm toast). Fortunately for the long hours without power I had my cell phone fully charged so I was able to document the whole thing on twitter and keep myself from going nuts :P I finally gave up and decided that we'd go to Omniture and hang out with Eric. We hadn't even rounded the corner to get out of our complex... when I saw the lights go on in our condo. Of course.

High: I don't think I have any one specific high for today, it was just generally a really good day. Sam and I were able to run several errands that I'd been wanting to get done. There were some small thunderstorms nearby and I got to see some lightning. We went to Enrichment night and learned how to make some yummy food. I was able to schedule my visiting teaching appointments. Eric came back from the gym relatively early so we could have more time with him. We watched a couple of good episodes of Battlestar Galactica (we're such nerds, but I really do love that show). We got some cute video of Sam. I got to take a shower. Eric made me a really yummy quesadilla. So, yeah, nothing earth shatteringly awesome... but it was a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment