Sunday, January 24, 2010

Brittny - 24 January 2010

Low: Our family had a really slow start this morning. Sunday mornings are still pretty rough since we're not used to being up at 9am when church starts... let alone beforehand to get ourselves ready! We were late to church as a result, but...

Highs: ... Sam was really cute when he woke up. At first he was *legs tired, so tired*, and just snuggling us and trying to figure out why in the world mom and dad were trying to wake us up. But when I took him into the bathroom and put him down to turn on the bathtub he immediately was happy and smiling and trying to hop in the tub. It was super cute! He also slept through almost all of church, which was definitely a blessing so that we could teach our Sunday School lesson and pay attention during the 3rd hour of Ward Conference. (yes, Ward Conference was another high :)

Also, Mom & Dad Hansen came over for lunch this afternoon and to visit us and play with Sam. I made our fettuccine alfredo all by myself and it turned out well (although it took me longer than I would have liked to get everything put together and on the table). We had fun visiting with them and showing off Sam's new tricks. It's such a blessing to have family nearby that can come and see us often.

Plus, after Mom & Dad Hansen left Sam was getting sleepy, so I took him to bed and nursed him to sleep and was able to sneak out and leave him alone in our bed. He's still there now! Eric and I even got to spend some time by ourselves which is a definite rarity and something I really miss. I think it's going to be a big driving factor in sleep training Sam. I just want to get to talk to Eric sometimes without a baby crawling over us! (Even if I do really like that baby :)

Hooray Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment