Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Brittny - 28 July 2009

Low: I went to the store yesterday with Taylor and didn't realize that Eric and I were almost out of milk. So instead I only bought chili powder... and now we're out of milk :P I should know by now that it's almost always a safe bet to buy more milk for our little family.

Highs: Taylor brought dinner over on Sunday and I had super yummy veggie casserole for dinner that night and lunch yesterday as well as watermelon, rolls and "Gorilla Poop Cookies". Yum yum yum! Thanks Taylor! Not only was it really yummy but it meant I didn't have to figure out what I was making for dinner that night AND I didn't have to make more dirty dishes to add to my growing stack.

Sam slept for 3 hours by himself last night while Eric was at work so I was able to do all our dishes and clean off our counters (no, the floor still isn't swept, but Eric took out the trash when he came home so we're almost there!). It feels really good to have our kitchen mostly clean again. I was also able to make a strawberry rhubarb pie for Eric in celebration of him completing an impossible amount of work in a week. I was all ready to surprise him with it and he surprised me by coming home with leftover Brick Oven pizza and root beer - yummy pizza too with good veggies on it :) (wow, apparently my highs and lows are very centered on food right now... maybe I need to eat breakfast :P ) It was fun both to surprise Eric and to be surprised by him.

After that 3 hours of sleep Sam woke up and ate and played with Eric and I for a little bit, then slept for another 2 hours in his crib. This meant Eric and I had some time to cuddle and talk before going to sleep. I'd forgotten how much I missed just being able to spend time with my husband when we can have each other's undivided attention. Overall, it was a really good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment