Saturday, February 6, 2010

Brittny - 05 February 2009

Low: I was going in to work today for my annual review and to get to some meetings. That meant we had to be up this morning at 7am. So I planned ahead and went to bed with Sam at 11pm. Of course, he woke up at 12;30am and then wouldn't go back to sleep until about 2am. I had somewhat expected that would happen and missing those two hours of sleep would have been fine... if I could have fallen back to sleep with Sam at 2am. Instead I couldn't fall asleep until 5am for no particular reason. Sam wasn't sleeping especially soundly so most of those two hours of actually being asleep were spent nursing Sam which just isn't the most restful way to get sleep. Only getting about 3 hours of not so restful sleep is a pretty crummy way to start a busy day.

High: Believe it or not, going in to work today. I feel really blessed to work at Axis41. They have a really talented team there and I'm really grateful to be a part of it. I hadn't realized just how much I missed being there with them. I'm now considering working it out so that I can go in one day a week and work there again. I think it would be good for me to get out of the house and also good for Sam to learn to be with other people. Next week will be a trial run while we're with Mom and Dad to see how Sam handles being on his own during the day (well, not all on his own, but not with me :P)

Also, I got to take a 3 hour nap when we got home which was VERY beneficial.

Finally, the Lockwoods came over! I'm so glad that they live close enough for us to see them regularly. It's so fun having family around to just hang out with and enjoy their company. Yay for family!

No comments:

Post a Comment